- Higher quality and better taste: Loose-leaf tea is made from whole tea leaves, which means that it retains more of the natural oils and flavors that give tea its unique taste and aroma. This also means that the tea leaves used in loose-leaf tea are often of a higher quality than those used in tea bags.
- More antioxidants: Tea leaves contain antioxidants, which are compounds that help to neutralize harmful free radicals in the body. These antioxidants are more abundant in loose-leaf tea than in tea bags, since tea bags often use broken leaves or fannings (small broken leaves) which can lose more antioxidants as they are exposed to air more.
- Better for the environment: Tea bags are often made from plastic or other synthetic materials, which can be harmful to the environment. On the other hand, loose-leaf tea is packaged in biodegradable materials, such as paper or cotton. This makes it a much more sustainable option for the environment.
- Customizable flavor: Drinking loose leaf tea allows you to brew it to your own personal taste and preference. You can control the strength, the steep time and temperature accordingly. This means that you can create a truly personalized tea experience that is tailored to your own preferences.
- Lower cost: Loose-leaf tea is often less expensive than pre-packaged tea bags. Not only can you purchase loose leaf in bulk for a lower price, you can also reuse the tea leaves multiple times, stretching out your purchase even further.
Overall, drinking loose-leaf tea is a delicious and healthy way to enjoy one of the world's most popular drinks. With higher quality, better taste, more antioxidants, and a more sustainable option for the environment, it is a great choice for anyone who loves tea.